Thursday, August 30, 2012 By Tracy Southers for My Southlake News
Fashion’s Night Out Comes to Southlake Town Square September 6
What may seem like simply a reason to go shopping has a broader purpose and important value to the local economy. Fashion’s Night Out, an annual event started in 2009 in New York City and now celebrated around the world, has become the official kick-off for the fall fashion season. More significantly, the mission is to energize the local retail economy and fashion industry. This year’s celebration on September 6 marks the fourth anniversary of Fashion’s Night Out and Southlake Town Square is rolling out the red carpet (literally!) to bring the glamorous event to North Texas.
According to Karla Chase, marketing director for Southlake Town Square, the bar has been raised to ensure Fashion’s Night Out has a bigger impact throughout the area.
“We are beyond excited to bring Fashion’s Night Out back to Southlake Town Square! This year’s event will feature a professionally-produced runway show with top models wearing the hottest fall fashions,” says Chase, noting Fashion’s Night Out has been held in Southlake Town Square for the past two years. “We want this to be a fun night while also supporting our local retailers, who have gone above and beyond to make this night a success. I also want to extend a big thank you to the City of Southlake for its support.”
Headlining this year’s event is an outdoor runway show, hosted by Amy Vanderoef of Good Morning Texas and local blogger Brandy Viorin, that will take place at 7:30 p.m. in Rustin Park. Models from Kim Dawson Agency and the Campbell Agency will sport clothing and accessories from Town Square retailers including Malouf’s, Michael Kors, Ann Taylor, Lilly Pulitzer, Cache, Soft Surroundings, and Brooks Brothers.
Chase confirms nearly all stores and restaurants in Southlake Town Square are participating in the big night with special promotions, product demonstrations, door prizes, and giveaways. The high fashion evening gets underway at 5:00 p.m. and ends with an after-party at 10:00 p.m. at Campania’s. Here are a few of the don’t miss store events:
- Hair Bar will serve complimentary cocktails and sweet treats while mingling with cast members of Big Rich Texas.
- Brio will host the Beauty Night Out styling area with experts from Sephora, Lemongrass Salon, The Spa on the Square and Coldwater Creek Spa showing trends, offering tips, doing touch ups and pampering.
- White House Black Market is partnering with Sushi Zushi for a night of fashionable and tasty fun! Mention Fashion’s Night Out and receive 20% off all full price purchases.
- Malouf’s will have fashion experts from David Yurman, Eileen Fisher, Robert Graham, Lafayette 148 New York and Cole Haan on hand. Enjoy light bites and spirits, register to win an exclusive spa package from Corinthian Wellness Spa.
- L’Occitane is celebrating with beauty rituals, signature hand massages, bubbly treats and a special gift for every fashionista.
- Sunglass Hut will have a DJ, hors d’ oeuvres, spirits and chance to win a pair of Vogue sunglasses at the Fashion Show.
Fashion’s Night Out is a free event and open to the public. The festivities begin at 5:00 p.m. and all stores will be open until 10:00 p.m. For a complete listing of all store events and schedule, go to http://www.southlaketownsquare.com/news.php or www.facebook.com/FashionsNightOutSouthlake.