Friday, August 31, 2012 By The City of Southlake via Denton County
Public Hearing Notice On Denton Central Appraisal District 2013-2014 Reappraisal Plan
The Denton Central Appraisal District will hold a public hearing on their biennially reappraisal plan for the 2013-2014 appraisal year. The public hearing will be held on September 13, 2012 at 3:00 pm at 3901 Morse Street, Denton, Texas.
REVALUATION DECISION (REAPPRAISAL CYCLE)
As required by Section 25.18 of the Property Tax Code, the Denton Central Appraisal District will provide
for the reappraisal of all real and personal property located within the district boundaries. It is the policy of
DCAD to reappraise all properties annually. The reappraisal year is a complete appraisal analysis of all
market areas in the district and each property owner will be noticed in compliance with section 25.19 of the
Texas Property Tax Code.
Market areas are broken down into geographical regions; Denton County has 5 distinct regions:
- Region 1 includes the City of Denton
- Region 2 includes rural land west of IH-35W and IH-35 and north of Loop 288 of the city of
- Region 3 would be rural land in the eastern part of the county north of US Hwy 380
- Region 4 includes south / central Denton County, from IH-35E west to IH-35W north to the city
- of Denton
- Region 5 includes the most active area of the county which would be the eastern part of the county
- from IH-35E in the city of Carrollton north to the City of Frisco to US Hwy 380.
The market areas discussed above are further broken down into Residential neighborhoods, Commercial
improvement type segments, commercial land segments and rural land schedules.
The reappraisal calendar year begins the day after certification, usually around July 21st with data collection
and inspections continuing until February with market analysis and model calibration of the market regions
continuing until notices are mailed. Further analysis might be needed on any problematic areas that arise
during the informal and formal protest season until certification of the appraisal roll.