Thursday, September 13, 2012 By Tracy Southers
11th Annual Southlake Oktoberfest Scheduled Oct 5-7
Don your Alpine hat and get out your favorite beer stein for the 11th Annual Southlake Oktoberfest, presented by Texas Nissan of Grapevine and hosted by the Southlake Chamber of Commerce. The three-day festival takes place October 5-7 at Southlake Town Square and promises traditional favorites, plus new attractions and live entertainment. Admission is free to the public.
As one of the most popular Oktoberfest celebrations in Dallas-Fort Worth, Southlake Oktoberfest features a wide variety of activities for both adults and children:
- Approximately 100 arts and crafts exhibitors selling handmade wares
- Food vendors serving everything from hamburgers to bratwurst
- Die Festalle (festival) tent serving a variety of beer and wine
- Newly created “Sports Zone” featuring a 9×16 foot television screen airing college and NFL games
- Wiener dog parade, costume contest and races –online registration available
- Children’s area with games, train rides, bounce houses and rock climbing wall
The wildly popular wiener dog races will take place Saturday, October 6, at 10:30 a.m., preceded by a wiener dog parade at 10:15 a.m. Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. or register online at: https://secure1.voloper.net/oktoberfestsouthlake/entry-form.aspx.
Live entertainment will take place throughout the weekend, including both local performers and headlining acts:
- Friday at 9:30 p.m. – Emerald City
- Saturday at 9:30 p.m. – Le Freak
- Sunday at 1:45 p.m. – Professor D
Southlake Oktoberfest is free admission to the public. Hours of operation are Friday 5:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., and Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. For additional information, contact the Southlake Chamber office at 817-481-8200 or go to www.OktoberfestSouthlake.com.