Friday, September 21, 2012 By City of Southlake via Press Release from the DFW Connector
DFW Connector: Bridge Opening and Weekend Work
Nearly eight months after a third-party incident, NorthGate Constructors will open the new east side of Texan Trail bridge to the public this weekend. In addition, crews will continue bridge demolition north of DFW Airport and set bridge beams over SH 26.
First, crews will open the new east side of Texan Trail bridge beginning at 8 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 21. Moving traffic to this new construction, slated to end at 6 a.m. on Sept. 24, will allow four lanes of traffic on the new bridge – one dedicated straight lane and one dedicated left-turn lane in each direction. NorthGate will need the following closures in order to facilitate the bridge opening:
- Full road closure on Texan Trail bridge. Click here to see a detour map.
- Full road closure on the westbound SH 114 frontage road at Texan Trail. Click here to see a detour map.
- Click here to see the new traffic pattern following the Texan Trail bridge opening.
Second, after accommodating Grapevine’s annual GrapeFest festival last weekend, NorthGate demolition crews will be back to work this weekend, starting Friday, Sept. 21 at 8 p.m. until Monday, Sept. 24 at 6 a.m. Crews will need the following closures to complete demolition on the old westbound SH 114 off-ramp to southbound International Parkway/DFW Airport:
- Full highway closure on east and westbound SH 114 at International Parkway. Click here to see the detour map for eastbound SH 114. Click here to see the detour map for westbound SH 114.
Please note that these are MAJOR closures that will affect weekend travelers driving through the DFW Connector project. Drivers should seek alternate routes or leave early.
Finally, NorthGate will set girders, or horizontal bridge beams, on the new eastbound SH 114 mainlane bridge over SH 26 this weekend. This piece of work will require the following:
- Full highway closure on north and southbound SH 26 at SH 114. Click here to see a detour map.
- Associated closure: Eastbound SH 114 frontage road east of FM 1709/Southlake Boulevard (U-turn).
The $1.1 billion DFW Connector project is currently one year ahead of schedule, with a completion date of mid-summer 2013. The project is being built under a comprehensive development agreement (CDA) between the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) and NorthGate Constructors.
For more information about the DFW Connector project, including all current and upcoming lane closures, visit www.dfwconnector.com, or call the toll-free hotline at 877-411-4212. The DFW Connector can also be found on Twitter (@DFWConnector) and Facebook (DFW Connector Project), and has mobile app on both the iPhone and Android markets