Thursday, September 27, 2012 By City of Southlake via Press Release from Tarrant County
Elections Office Extends Office Hours for Voter Registration
Tuesday, October 9, is the last day to register to vote for the upcoming General Election. Eligible citizens of Tarrant County who are not currently registered but wish to vote in the general election should submit voter registration applications by 7 p.m. on October 9th.
Tarrant County Elections Administrator Steve Raborn is encouraging potential voters to check their voter registration status to make sure they can vote in the November 6, 2012 General Election. Tarrant County residents who do not have a current voter registration certificate can check their registration status online (www.tarrantcounty.com/elections) or by calling 817-831-VOTE (8683).
Voter registration is conducted in-person at the Tarrant County Elections Center located at2700 Premier Street in Fort Worth.
In addition, The Tarrant County Elections Office will conduct voter registration at the following locations from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Saturday, October 6th; Monday, October 8th; and Tuesday, October 9th:
- Tarrant County Elections Center–2700 Premier Street, Fort Worth
- TarrantCountyAdministrationBuilding–100 East Weatherford Street, Fort Worth
- Northwest Sub-Courthouse –6713 Telephone Road, Lake Worth
- Northeast Sub-Courthouse –645 Grapevine Highway, Hurst
- TarrantCountySub-Courthouse In Arlington–700 East Abram Street, Arlington
- Southwest Sub-Courthouse –6551 Granbury Road, Fort Worth
- Charles F. Griffin Sub-Courthouse –3212 Miller Avenue, Fort Worth
- MansfieldSub-Courthouse –1100 East Broad Street, Mansfield
- Southlake Town Hall–1400 Main Street, Southlake
Voter registration applications are available on the county’s website (www.tarrantcounty.com/elections) and are available through the mail by calling the Elections Office at 817-831-8683. Voter registration applications are also available at area sub-courthouses, city halls, libraries, and post offices in TarrantCounty.
Completed applications may be returned to the Tarrant County Elections Center in person or by mail. Applications returned by mail must be received or be clearly postmarked by the October 9 deadline.
Registered voters who have moved from one county to another must re-register in their new county of residence. Registered voters who have moved within the county should file a change of address or a new registration application with the Elections Office to remain an active registered voter.
Citizens of Tarrant County can call the Elections Office at 817-831-8683 to check the status of their registration or to obtain any voter registration or elections information.